Listen Up! Northwest is a collaboratively produced radio magazine featuring stories of communities in action throughout the Northwest. Each broadcast highlights the work of skilled community radio producers and artists from our region, including Alaska, Alberta, British Columbia, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.
Listen Up! Northwest program 21 features stories about war.
* A New York Times war correspondent for Iraq and Afghanistan shares his first hand accounts of war (Alex Smith, Ecoshock Radio Burnaby)
* An Iraq war veteran shares his experience with post traumatic stress disorder after returning home (Callie Shanafelt and Kim Rodman, KBCS Seattle)
* Some Canadians are supporting American war resistors by taking policy up with their government and legal systems. (Mordecai Briemberg, CFRO Vancouver BC)
* A GI resistor from the Vietnam war talks about the strength of the GI resistors movement during the 60's and today (Geov Parrish and Esther "Little Dove" John, KBCS Seattle)
* Jessica Partnow shares her accounts of the emotional ups and downs of civilian anti-war protests (Jessica Partnow, Common Language Project Seattle)